Monday, September 17, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies and other things

Saturday afternoon I spent a few hours in the kitchen making some 
to. die. for. Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies. 

Then I proceeded to write a yummy looking post all about said cookies. But unfortunately, Blogger was struggling this weekend and wouldn't let me post it. 

Lame. 

So today, I'm going to share with you my Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies, which I stole from the ah-mazing Casey, from TheWiegand's.com! (visit her gorgeous blog!)

Casey doesn't know me, but based on how scrumptious these cookies were, I'm sure we would best friends :) 

Iced Pumpkin Spiced Cookies:

You will need the following:

 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup light butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. Stevia (or 1 1/2 cups sugar)
    1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
 
 
 
1. Mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt.
2. Mix the rest: softened butter, sugar or Stevia, pumpkin, egg, vanilla. 
3. Mix both mixtures together.
4. Spoon on to a cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
 
 
While those babies are cooling, whip up some simple glaze.
 
You will need the following:
 
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp melted light butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
 
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Use a utensil of your choice to drizzle the glaze over the cookies.
3. Eat all the cookies!
 
 
So what else went on this weekend? Sam was out hunting again, leaving Kona and I to our own devices. 

Hello to Marshall's and Old Navy!
Hello to newly planted iris bulbs - Thanks MIL!
Hello to Kona laying on newly planted iris bulbs!
Hello to running - I signed up for my first 5K run with some lady friends!
Hello to walking - I don't enjoy running as much as I enjoy walking.
Hello to movies and a glass of wine!
Hello to greek yogurt pancakes and strong coffee!
Hello to vacuuming the car and the house...
Hello to LOADS of dog fur. 
And of course,

Hello Monday. 

No exclamation mark for Monday.
 
Except for the cute Old Navy shirt - seen here. 

I'm linking up today with Lisa from Lisa Leonard Designs - beautiful handmade jewelry straight from the CA Central Coast! 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment